Frequent contributor to The Associated Press, The Washington Post, The Newark Star Ledger and The Philadelphia Inquirer.
Also regularly work for magazines including Delaware Today, Neurology Now, The Penn Gazette, Yes! and Haverford.
Web work includes legacy.com, cityandstate.com and cruisecritic.com. Also involved in commercial writing projects with local Fortune 500 companies, government offices and non-profits.
- General assignment reporter focusing on crime and its consequences.
- Sent to Iraq for two months in 2003, reported stories from around the country, including some written while embedded with the military.
- Dispatched to New Orleans before Hurricane Katrina, covered the storm and its aftermath.
- Covered three New Jersey municipalities during two year internship from 1995-1997.
- Staff writer/Assistant suburban editor
- Covered the New Orleans Police Department, focusing on breaking news and features (City Desk, January 2000 to October 2002).
- Added editing shifts in March 2002, handling multiple stories each night.
- Covered government, general news and police in large suburban parish (East Jefferson bureau, March 1997 –January 2000).
Master’s degree in Journalism
Bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing
Frequent contributor to The Philadelphia Inquirer, including a column in its Sunday “Currents” section. Work with The Associated Press has included breaking news, features and travel, and a year of reporting before, during and after Pope Francis visited the US. Currently the AP’s lead “outside the convention hall” reporter for coverage of the Democratic National Convention, slated for July 2016.
Began writing for the Washington Post last year. First article, on PA Attorney General Kathleen Kane, was the most read piece on the newspaper’s website that weekend.
Work also regularly appears in The Philadelphia Daily News, Haverford alumni magazine, Neurology Now magazine, The Penn Stater, The New Orleans Advocate and on the Thomson Reuters wire. Other clients include Yes! magazine, City & State magazine’s new Pennsylvania edition, and cruisecritic.com.
Also wrote for Philadelphia City Paper before its closure in 2015 and has written for legacy.com, NBC/Universal, chatterblast.com and Philadelphia’s edition of the free daily Metro.
Also involved in commercial writing projects with local Fortune 500 companies and non-profits.